It has truly been a season of “harvest” as we have gone through “Consistency Principles” at The Blue Point Bible Church in line with our sermon series, #BeingCHRISTIAN. I know that I have been edified and challenged, I am glad to have received testimony from some, even some being baptized through this season of examination and the goal of us being more “consistent” in our Christian walk. Surely, we have exercised diligence in regards to 2 Corinthians 3:15, “Examine yourselves to see whether you be in the faith; prove your own selves”.
Prayerfully, you have found time to go through Parts 1, 2, 3, and 4.
For the past 2 weeks we have been focusing on the “types” to which Christ is the “Antitype”, specifically the Jewish Feasts. October 2016 is littered with Jewish Feasts which point to all that Christ and His work fulfilled. You can listen to our past 2 sermons (one from me preaching on Rosh Hoshana, and another by a sister named Susan Mendelson from the Jews for Jesus preaching on the details of how Jesus fulfilled Jewish feasts at the following links:
Also, I have been doing a short video series through some of the Jewish Feasts on YouTube called “From Fasting to Feasting”. Here are the 2 parts that have been made recently:
Rosh Hoshana/ 10 Days of Awe – https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8AyHrlFNUjw&t=34s
Fast of Gedaliah/ Yom Kippur – https://youtu.be/JpTnUaq6TD0
All of that noted, the “Consistency Principles” which I have outlined for us, regarding these past 2 weeks, are as followed:
- We need to be a people marked by alertness, readiness, and prepared for a “move, or the “work” of God. Using the details of Rosh Hoshana, and the wisdom of 1 Peter 5:8, I exhorted us in these regards. Sister Susan Mendelson mentioned how we should make it our daily prayer to say, “Use me today Lord”.
– Are you alert, ready, and prepared to be used by God for the benefit of others? What can or should you be doing to grow in this regard?
- Using 1 Thessalonians 5, as well as 1 Chronicles 12:32 I exhorted us to be “Children of the Light” – which means to know the times, know what Jesus Christ has consummated for us, and what God wants us to do in the current moment.
– Do you have a correct knowledge of the times? Do you know what God wants His people to be doing?
- Ultimately, this requires Knowledge of Contextual Types and Antitypes – as expressed in Colossians 2:16-17, 1 Corinthians chapter 10, Hebrews chapters 8-10 and more. Are you “studying to show yourself approved, rightly dividing (interpreting) the word of truth”? Sister Susan Mendelson used 3 R’s – Remember, Repent, & Rejoice to highlight the significance of the Jewish feasts as “types” and what they signify for us in our spiritual walk.
– Do you know how Christ fulfills the “types” in Scripture? Maybe, this is a good time to begin finding a study in that regard? Email me @ ChristianityGoneWild@Yahoo.com for help in this area.
- And finally, thee goal of us coming to understand these details, is to have for ourselves the Naked and Unashamed reality of being in God’s presence. The “fall feasts” of Judaism when properly understood through the lens of Christ bring us to this reality. Christ’s tabernacle amongst us is a direct return to Genesis 2:25 as demonstrated through Luke 17:21 and Romans 8:1.
– Do you know and understand the presence of God in your life and demonstrate that in a “naked and unashamed” fashion? Take a moment to pray to God and thank Him for this glorious reality consummated through Jesus Christ. Allow God’s “good” to be your “good”.
Blessings in Christ Jesus,
Pastor Michael Miano
Blue Point Bible Church